Subscribe:

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Photo Tour :)

So I've been meaning to go around and take pics of the place, so you can get an idea of where I live. Yesterday, I gave my camera to one of the kids and before I knew it, he had taken photos of pretty much all of the places and all of the people on site...so that was easy. The only photo I took was the first one of my house.


La Casa de Volutarios! We volunteers live on the first floor and the upper level is for visitors. We all share a bedroom and bathroom with one other person and there's a communal kitchen, art room, and laundry room.


The chapel where we have mass lots and lots.


The office, where I live on weekdays :) This is literally right next to our house. Can you say shortest commute ever?


The guaguas and Big Blue--main modes of transportation (besides the motos that is). 


Believe it or not, this is the waste management area i.e. where you take out the trash to.


The park! One of my favorite places on site.


More park...with the kitchen in the background.


 We got paved streets last year I'm told. 





Love love LOVE these two boys...they are my soccer buddies. And really any game that involves a ball. Except that I was so entertained by the fact that as soon as music goes on, I can't even get them to play ball anymore, because they are too busy dancing. And they're GOOD at dancing. That's one thing I love here--music ALL the time. And there's no such thing as too loud or being too embarrassed to show off your singing or dancing skills.


This is the construction site of the new special needs house. Whichever kid took this could have a future as a photographer in my opinion...


 My girls :) I purposely left my eyes red on this, because my girls, when looking at the photo after, were so amazed that red-eye can happen with cameras. With their dark eyes, that doesn't happen to them. On the eye subject, everyone seems to analyze my eye color, from policemen in the street to the smallest of the kids here. So far, I've been told they are green, brown, and purple. 

This weekend is going to be a busy weekend! I'm playing visitor coordinator and communications officer while a couple of the volunteers are in Haiti for a couple days and then Sunday is Family Day. A group of 15 from Canada comes in tomorrow. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment