Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October is Flying By!

Wilson as a comedian!
Once again, we’ve been keeping super busy here. Here’s a few highlights from the last couple of weeks…

1. Proyecto Familiar with Carolina and Junior. Hands down, some of the best kids here at NPH. We made yaniqueques, fried flour tortillas essentially. They were yummy!
Siblings...mixing the dough!
Junior was the expert...he taught both Carolina and I.
LOTS of yaniqueque!
There's the crew!
2. Goodbye Tia Santa! Tia Santa officially left NPH, so we did a little goodbye party her last night here complete with manzanas and miel (apples and honey). We are excited to have our new tia, Magalis, in the house!

Me and Tia Santa!
The house and Tia Santa there in the middle!
3. Profession pics! Av and I have been busy taking photos of the kids dressed up as what they want to be in the future. These will be to advertise sponsorship in the office and visitor houses here.

Hermanos: Alex, Amauri, and Alejandro as engineers and baseball players.
Catia and Massiel as princesses!
Some of our newest kids: Chantal and Anderson as a singer and police officer.
Leonela as a model!
Katery as a midwife/mom!
Miguelina as a police officer!
Our other newest addition: Katerin as a painter!
4. Birthdays! Lucel, one of the oldest boys here, turned 19! And on October 10, there were two birthdays in my house: Erika turned 13 and Daniela turned 15! We tried something new this time and I let the girls decorate their cake (thanks Madelon for the frosting and sprinkles!)
Lucel at his bday party with two of his siblings: Kenna and Ernito.
Me and Lucel!
My birthday girls, Erika and Daniela (notice the cake!)
5. Santa Ana goes to the beach! As my house has been improving quite a bit in regards to behavior lately, we got a sweet reward: a trip to the beach. We spent the entire day traipsing through the waves and chasing after cangrejos. Plus I got super burnt! OW!
Josi always loves it when I take pictures of her...not ;)
Valentina....SO photogenic.
Lucy!
Erika!
Me and Maria del Carmen!
Daniela with her hair loose!
6. And lastly, all of NPH has been working SUPER hard on the Christmas cards for all of the sponsors. We have over 1500 sponsors for our 214 kids which means over 1500 cards are being made. It’s been a big project and the kids and volunteers have been great about it!




Other than that, the only other big thing on my mind is the fact that I am going home for vacations in 29 days…I CAN NOT WAIT!!! It will have been almost 11 months out of the country…and then I will return here until next July. Hard to believe that when I come back, there will only be 6 months left! :(
There's Josi! (She was in a rare I'll-let-you-photograph-me-today mood!)
Zuleika and Belkis!

No comments:

Post a Comment