Subscribe:

Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Sweet Reunion...in T-24 Hours!



It’s been 232 days since I last saw these faces. That’s over 7 months. So much has happened, so much has changed. I’ve worked 1, 2, 3 jobs. I’ve taken classes. I’ve moved to St. Paul. The girls have all started another year of school. They’ve celebrated birthdays and their Quinceañeras. They’ve moved houses.

But some things are the same. I still feel like these girls are my little sisters. I still want to know every detail about what’s going on with them. I still feel that connection, and I’m sure they do to.

Anxious. Nervous. Excited. Bouncing off the walls. Thrilled. Emotional. These are all feelings that have been progressively getting stronger as this trip gets closer and closer. I can’t sleep. I can’t eat. I can’t concentrate. Literally, that’s how excited I am.

I’ll be in the Dominican Republic from Saturday, March 15, to Sunday, March 23, and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it, even when I’m sleeping! There will be some tough moments, some emotions to deal with, especially after the loss of a special girl a couple of weeks ago, but there will also be sweet moments of happiness and joy after many long months spent apart. I’ll get to spend a wonderful 8 days with my girls, Wilson, and the greater NPH family. And I’ll get to see some of the ex-volunteers I gor so close with during my time there as they also take a trips back to the home.

I feel like I need this trip approximately as much as I need oxygen. I’ve never wanted to be called Kri-ten so badly! Hasta pronto, República Dominicana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment