Subscribe:

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

SO Many Cacatas!

So here's a new word for you all: cacata. Translation: tarantula. And let me tell you, they are EVERYWHERE these days. Rainy season has certainly hit and apparently, cacata season as well. I kid you not, every night we are finding cacatas in the house and when I was walking back to the house after dark this past weekend, I was centimeters away from stepping on one while wearing my sandals. So with Wes gone (he was the resident cacata whisperer), the rest of us have had to step it up a bit. The other night, we found one right outside the front door and it was my turn...I first tried using a rock to knock it out cold (this is what the kids do), but I guess my aim isn't as developed (to put it nicely) as one would hope, so in the end, I had to revert to another method. Irene happened to get it all on video:

While the fam was here, we also had a cacata visitor and I definitely woke all 4 of them up to come see it. Here's a couple pictures of yet another cacata from two nights ago. This one was a WHOPPER. 

It's the size of a hand! GROSS!
Me and the cacata...YUP. As it takes its final few breaths...
DEAD.
Other than that, life continues as normal in this EXTREME heat. Today was picture day for all the kids, so we spent the morning getting pictures of all the girls and the afternoon getting pictures of all the boys. We'll sent the pics to their godparents (sponsors) with the Christmas cards. More on this later! 

Well, as rainy/cyclone season continues, we can only hope no cacatas show up in my bedroom...I can handle the house, but I'm not sure I could handle that!

No comments:

Post a Comment