Subscribe:

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Melissa and My Girls


So, this past Wednesday, college roomie and bestie Melissa arrived. We spent Wednesday afternoon through Saturday morning in Juan Dolio at an all-inclusive. We spent about 75% of that time at the beach or pool, which was awesome. Although rainy season is upon us, apparently Melissa brought the sunshine, because it didn’t even rain or get cloudy once. Saturday morning, we changed scenes from the tourist DR to the real DR and we took a public guagua over to NPH. We started off with a tour and approximately 200 introductions. We ate lunch and supper in my house and my girls took an INSTANT liking to her. We told them a story about how in college we make hundreds of paper snowflakes one year before Christmas and currently, paper snowflakes are still being made in the house (all it took was that little story). Saturday night was spent dancing out in the nearby batey after saying good night and getting a quick dancing lesson from the girls. On Sunday morning, Melissa said “Adios” to the girls and off we went to the airport. It was a quick, amazing trip! 

Getting a seafood dinner!

Show at the resort!

Pool + beach + bar!

Roomies!

Pool with a swim-up bar!

Hanging out at NPH and headed out dancing!







In other news, ‘Titanic’ has been a major obsession with my girls for a few months now.  I spent a good hour with Katerin and Maria del Carmen tonight rehearsing two verses and the refrain of “My Heart Will Go On” over and over and over and over. It’s the little things in life… :)

1 comment:

Kristin DeYoung said...

Hi Kristen, my name is Kristin DeYoung, I don't know if I have commented on your blog already (I am 9 months preggo and have serious baby brain!) but my hubby and I volunteered at NPH two years ago. I found your blog through Madelin Morin and love being able to see pics of NPH and the kids. It looks like there has been so much progress over the past two years which is so great! I don't know which house you volunteer in, but I used to be with Santa Ana and it looks like you work with some of those girls, so if you see them, could you send them my love? I was planning to visit for a week last month but my doctor put me on bedrest cause I'm high-risk so I couldn't travel (we live in Jarabacoa). But let them know that I miss them and send my hugs and kisses. Here is my blog, if you want to share pictures of my huge belly:
www.dominicandeyoungs.blogspot.com
We didn't have internet at our house to use back then, well there was only one computer that had it hooked up to share b/t the 16 volunteers + visitors, but maybe it is different now? It looks like a lot has changed there! Well take care and keep up the great work! Looks like all you volunteers are making a fabulous difference in the lives of the kiddos there!

Post a Comment